Friday, August 20, 2010

The Great Trip Back

It's time to drive back to Charlottesville! I haven't packed yet, nor has Ray (to the best of my knowledge), and yet we are planning to leave first thing on Saturday. It's been a pretty delightful stint here, and I'm actually a little confused about how to feel about leaving. I'm simultaneously sad about leaving, excited about the trip, and looking forward to being back home in Charlottesville. MY FEELINGS ARE COMPLICATED OKAY?

The last few weeks have seen a bit of a role reversal: Ray has gotten increasingly busy with his ICSE submission with Tom Z, and I've taken it relatively easy compared to the first eight weeks or so. As far as I can tell, the Raysubmission went off without a hitch. Ray tells me he's been working hard, but it all seemed rather well time-managed and calm to me :) Both Ray and I did end-of-internship presentations this week; both were, modestly put, awesome.

In unrelated news, Ray and I both celebrated our one week off around the beginning of the month. Ray went off to Michigan to chill with the family, and Mitali and I drove around the Olympic peninsula, and generally touristed around the Seattle area. It was great to have Mitali over after the POPL submission to help restore some sanity. Here's some pictures. Watch the sanity gradually returning :)









And now... it's time to pack and get moving. Ray and I are still trying to adjust the travel plan. The goal is to reduce 'expected rate of tears.' Anyway, keep an eye on the HermanoTrack tomorrow; it's about to do a whole lot of moving!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see any sanity return, hahaha, are you sure it did return, Pieter?
    I did see some great pictures of a handsome girl I've never met yet ......

    ReplyDelete